Tis the season for delicious and nutritious root vegetables and it’s time you take advantage of them!
This is a great recipe to make in bulk and reheat throughout the week. Be sure to pick vegetables that have a variety of colours, textures and flavours to keep it interesting.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp of olive oil in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish.
- Place your veggies of choice in a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Nestle a head of garlic into vegetables, cut-side up and drizzle bare cloves with olive oil.
- Roast vegetables 40-60 minutes to your desired tenderness, gently tossing every 20 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their skins (be careful, they’ll be hot!). Transfer vegetables and garlic cloves to a serving bowl; season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.